Welcome to your one-stop source for information about chatr mobile. If you have any questions about your chatr mobile phone service, you'll get your answers here!
Unlocking A Phone
1. How do I get my chatr device unlocked and obtain my unlock code?
Devices sold after December 1, 2017 should come already unlocked or have an unlock code sticker on the box.
To unlock your device, you need to enter the unlock code into the device.
- If your unlock code is not on the side of the box, you will need your 15 digit IMEI.You can find your IMEI by doing the following:
- On your device, dial *#06#
- When you have your 15 digit IMEI ready, you can obtain your device unlock code at a chatr retailer.
- Once you receive your unlock code, insert another carrier's SIM card and the device will prompt you to enter your unlock code.
Enter the unlock code. If you enter the unlock code incorrectly too many times, you may permanently lock the device. If you permanently lock the device, you will need to contact your device's manufacturer for further assistance.
2. Do I have to wait before I can unlock my chatr device?
chatr devices sold after December 1, 2017 should already be unlocked. If your device isn't unlocked you can visit a chatr Retailer
to unlock your device.
3. If I unlock my chatr device, can I use it anywhere in the world?
Yes, provided there is service in that area on a network compatible with your device. You will need to insert a SIM card of a local carrier to use your device.
4. Does unlocking my chatr device void my warranty?
If your phone is unlocked by chatr, it will not void your warranty.
5. Can I unlock a device that I bought from another carrier?
We’re only able to unlock devices that have been purchased directly from chatr.
6. Will unlocking affect the way my device works?
If you’re using another carrier’s SIM card with your unlocked chatr phone, some settings or features may not function properly as they’re configured to the chatr network.
7. What devices are compatible with chatr?
If bringing an unlocked device to our network, your device must be compatible with our network. Our network availability varies by frequency; phones that support more frequencies, both within a network and across different networks, will have access to more wireless coverage.
Availability of each frequency listed below varies by cell site, and devices that support more frequencies, both within a network technology and across different network generations, will have access to more wireless coverage.