General questions about your chatr account.
- How do I activate my chatr account?
- My chatr account has now been activated. How do I keep it going?
- What is a chatr anniversary date?
- What happens if I forget to add money to my chatr account in time for my anniversary date?
- How do I check my chatr account balance?
- How do I manage or change my chatr account?
- How is airtime charged to my chatr account? By the minute?
- How do I opt out of receiving marketing communications?
- How do I update my personal information?
- I got a text stating I transferred my phone number to another carrier. Is this real?
Once you have a chatr SIM card, there are two simple ways to activate your chatr mobile service:
1) Visit chatrmobile.com/activate
2) Visit a chatr retail location near you.Find a store
The easiest way to manage your monthly chatr payments is with auto-pay. You can sign up with auto-pay using your credit card, Visa Debit or Debit Mastercard. This preauthorized payment service uses automatic payments, so you never have to worry about toping up your account.
To enroll in Autopay:
- Sign in to your chatr account
- Go to Manage Your chatr payments
- Select Enroll in Auto-pay to top-up your chatr account easily online.
If you prefer to top up your chatr account monthly you can do this using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), Visa Debit, Debit Mastercard or buying a chatr top-up card from a chatr retail location.
The date you activate your chatr mobile phone service is your anniversary date. Your monthly plan fee is deducted from your account on this day each month. If you are enrolled in auto-pay, your plan fee is automatically charged to your card on your anniversary date. If you are managing your own payments, please make sure you have enough money in your account to cover your plan fee by 3:00 AM Central Time on your anniversary date each month.
If you miss making a payment on your anniversary date, the date of your next payment will become your new anniversary date.
Note: if you activate on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, your anniversary date will be set to the 28th of each month.
If you miss your anniversary date, your mobile phone service and account balance will be put on hold and you won’t be able to use your plan. Once you’ve made the monthly payment, you will be able to use your chatr plan. Please note: the date of your payment will become your new anniversary date.
- Use the My chatr app. Download here.
- Sign-in to My chatr online here
- Dial *100# then press the CALL/SEND button for an on-screen notification
- Dial *225# then press the CALL/SEND button for an on-screen notification
Using the My chatr app or website to manage your account is free of charge. Calls to customer service may incur charges, click here to learn more.
Managing your chatr account is easy.
Not yet registered? Complete your profile here
Select ‘account’ and then ‘personal profile’ to make edits to your name, username, email or address.
chatr has received a request to transfer your telephone number to another Service Provider. If you did not authorize, contact chatr urgently at 1-800-485-9745.If you received the message but didn’t make the request, contact us immediately at the number above. For any other questions about your chatr services, contact us here.