Your chatr wireless account comes with a number of standard and available features. Here are a few of the more common questions about them.
- What’s voicemail and how is it charged to my chatr account?
- If I don't pay my monthly plan fee, can callers still leave messages on my chatr phone voicemail?
- How do I set up voicemail on my chatr phone?
- I forgot my voicemail passcode - now what?
- What’s the call display feature on my chatr phone?
- What’s call forwarding and how is it charged to my chatr account?
- What is group calling and how is it charged to my chatr account?
- What’s call waiting and how is it charged to my chatr account?
- How do I send a text message on my chatr phone?
- Hey, my friend told me he didn't receive my text – how come?
Voicemail answers calls when you are unavailable. With chatr wireless voicemail, you can always check your messages when it’s convenient for you. Voicemail lets you record a personal (friendly, of course!) greeting and stores up to ten three-minute messages for a maximum of five days.
If you are on the Unlimited Talk plan, retrievals of your messages will cost 25¢/minute. These charges also apply when setting up your voicemail for the first time.
If you’re on the Unlimited Talk & Text plan, no worries™, your retrievals are included.
Deposited messages are always included with your chatr Unlimited plans. You will need to have a balance of at least 25¢ to ensure your callers can leave messages while travelling outside of a chatr zone or while roaming.
While travelling outside of a chatr zone within Canada, retrievals of your messages will cost 25¢/minute if you're on the Unlimited Talk plan (you are not charged an additional airtime fee on top of this per minute rate). If you are on the Unlimited Talk & Text plan, retrievals while travelling outside of a chatr zone within Canada are included.
While travelling outside of Canada, regardless of which chatr wireless plan you're on, voicemail retrievals are subject to the per-minute rates.
On your voicemail menu, you can:
- change your greeting to a personalized greeting
- check messages
- reset voicemail access password
- change voicemail language preference
If you’re having difficulty setting up your chatr wireless voicemail, or have any other questions about your wireless phone service, call chatr Customer Care and a chatr customer service rep will be happy to assist you.
Call forwarding is a service available with your chatr wireless Unlimited plan. It lets you forward your calls to another phone number if you’re not able to take calls on your chatr phone.
- To Activate, dial *21* (10 digit phone #) and press Send
- To Cancel, dial ##21# and press Send
- To check status dial *#21# and press Send
Pay per use charges apply if you are forwarding to a number that is considered long distance to your chatr phone. Call forwarding is not available to international phone numbers and will not work while you’re roaming.
Group calling is a cool service included in your chatr wireless Unlimited plan that lets you add up to four parties to a call already in progress. This service works while you’re in Canada.
Pay per use charges apply for each party connected, if you’re calling while outside a chatr zone or calling numbers that are considered long distance to your chatr phone numbers.
To use Group Calling:
See your phone's user manual or:
- Dial the first number, and connect
- Put the first call on hold
- Dial the second number, and connect
- Connect the two calls by pressing the "Link" or "Connect" command
- Repeat steps until up to 5 parties are linked.
- End the conference call by pressing the 'End' key
Our chatr wireless call waiting service lets you know when there’s another incoming call while you’re chatting with someone else. You’ll hear an audible beep on your chatr phone, and you just have to put the first call on hold to get the second one coming in. You’re popular!
Pay per use charges apply for each party connected if you are calling while outside a chatr zone.
- Select Messages on the main screen of your chatr phone.
- Click the Menu button and choose Compose SMS Text
- Choose a name from your address book or choose Use Once (found at the top of your address book list & enter the wireless number of your recipient)
- Type your message (up to 160 characters) and press Send